Thursday, May 31, 2012

TCD Love

I started the layout below with a very basic sketch by Kelly Purkey. Yes. I started with it, but it had a lot of  'white space' and well, that is not my thing. I like lots of  'stuff'.' Which worked in perfect with the online class I am taking over at 2 peas called Sassy Scrapping with Shannon. One of the lessons is all about using up a whole collection.  I used Carolina Breeze by Teresa Collins here.  I wanted the page to be just about me, in the moment. I have always liked the song 'If I could write a letter to me' by Brad Paisley. It made the perfect title.
The original reason that I got into scrapbooking was to document my sons childhood, but it became so much more than that. Sometimes I like to just document me and remember how I was feeling in that certain moment. Like this layout. I was all dressed up and had gotten my hair done for a rare date night. I was feeling pretty. Pretty pics. Pretty papers. Noel by Teresa Collins. A Christmas line...ha!
The pic below was taken of me in Loudon NH. I was heading into my (first live Nascar race) in 2 years. I was so happy. I love this relaxed photo of me. I needed to document that moment. I scrapped it with On the Edge. This is a 'boy' line, I know, but I love these designe And blue is my favorite color.  
The above three were layouts that I scrapped about myself at all different times, and all with Teresa Collins papers. Coincidence? I think not. I love all things Teresa Collins. So, I went back through a few of my past TCD layouts. Okay, more than a few. This is a fun one of my son with her  bebe boy collection..
It is no big secret that I am a big Nascar fan, Red Sox fan and New England Patriots fan. Here is my friend Deb and I at a Pats game from a few years ago, Good times!  Sports Edition II was perfrect for this fun pic!
Ted Johnson is my favorite all time Pats player. I am so happy that I got to meet him in his prime. He has since retired, but I am so thrilled to have this pic and the memory. I was so cute back then...ha! (Also, love the Sports Edition papers!)
I really love the smplicity of this layout and how quicky it came together. I was so excited to share it with Teresa and even more excited to that she shared it here. Go Sox! Even more Sports Edition !
Also going through some old layouts I came across a few more favorites from her Junkitz days. The Extreme Boy line is awesome! I used it quite a bit. This was from my sons first day of first grade. This pic broke my heart, yet make me smile a bit at the memory.
Everyone knows I am an avid Tony Stewart fan, but Dale Earnhardt Jr will always be my other Nascar favorite. I love this layout. It is just so cool! The Extreme Boy papers were a perfect match!
These pics were taken the first time I met Tim Holtz. That was a great day! Another fun memory!
The first time I met Teresa IRL was at CHA Summer in 2008. It was just like catching up with an old friend. She is amazing. I am so lucky to be attending for my third time this year, her annual event called 'Inspiration Unlimited. Here is a pic of us from last year. 
Yes. I love all things TCD.
I am heading to my LSS tomorrow (a much needed day off!)
to pick up some of her newest lines
I feel a very creative weekend coming on!

Happy Scrappin'!!!.  

No comments:

Post a Comment