Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Basketball hall of Fame

On Wednesday,
My parents, my nephews, Bryant & I
headed to Springfield, MA
to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
First stop is actually the top floor,
that hosts the Honors Ring.
Photos & info on all who have been inducted.
Here is a view of part of the ring.
It really is quite exquisite.
All the 'best of the best'
all your favorites are displayed here.
Of course, the Boston Celtics are my favorite.
Especially the big three from the 80's.
Loved these guys.
Starting with Larry Bird.
He truly was amazing!
There was all kinds of Larry stuff.
Like this life size cut out.
And this statue
(see Red in the background?)
Then there is 'Chief'
aka Robert Parish'.
A key part of the Big Three
But, my favorite was Kevin Mchale.
Lots of cool info on his bio.
and on his induction bio.
and his jersey...ahhhhh...
Yup, I love McHale!
My current favorite is Paul Pierce,
I really liked this display.
There were so many things to see,
but this by far, was the coolest.
An American flag,
made entirely of red, white & blue sneakers.
It was huge!
They even had a baskeball free for all court
on the bottom floor.
I did not get any good pics there.
Take my word.
It was loud.
It was crazy.
It was fun.
A great way to tie up the day.

A great time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment