Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Beastie Boys

"Now here's a little story I've got to tell About three bad brothers you know so well It started way back in history With Adrock, M.C.A., and me - Mike D..."
These boys arrived on the music scene and into my life in the late 80's. I don't know exactly what attracted me to them, but I was drawn to them immediately. They were loud, rude and funny. I gueas all the things that I wasn't. They were partying, always having a good time and their music/rap was fun. They were doing their own thing and not worrying what other people thought. My friend and I were lucky enough to get floor seats for one of their first tours around the globe. It was awesome and oh the stories we could tell!
The Beastie Boys went on to make many more albums and were even inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame last year. They had true staying power. The news of Adam Yauch passing away last week, at the young age of 47, makes me sad. Very sad in fact. Hopefully he is now in a better place, feeling no pain and reminiscing on the great things he accomplished in his short life.
RIP MCA <3

No comments:

Post a Comment